Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oh Summer, Where Art Thou?

Dear Mrs Sun and Mr. Glorious Warmth.
It seems like you are taking an awful long time to arrive in Washington D.C. this year. Last year it was steady 65 °F (18°C) by now.

Part from it once again being pleasant outside, I want it to be warm so I get a chance to wear the lovely flowy dresses purchased while visiting Frida in Chi-town. Mmm...lovely, flowy, printed dresses, matched perfectly with these sandals from DVF. Since I am having problems settling on one color, I am tempted to not only purchase them in pink, but also yellow, and turquoise. During work meetings, I think about how much fun this summer will be. Sunday funday by the pool, rooftop BBQ's, and late summer swims in KK's rooftop pool. All while wearing flowy dresses, cute cut-off jean shorts with a silk Cami's, either outfit paired perfectly with these DVF sandals. Each pair of sandals matching the current color schemes in my wardrobe.

Mrs Sun, I promise not to complain about standing in line for iced coffee in 90 °F. Mr Warmth, my promise to you is to not cursing your name when having to consume my Popsicle in lighting speed, causing a brain freeze, to prevent it from melting. Pinkie swear. I will be much better this year, I won't even say something or sigh when the first burn on my sensitive skin appears. Or when my A/C bill spikes.
 
Please hurry up so I may wear open toe sandals without freezing my pinkie toe off.
Yours truly,
Inter[mode]