Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lavender Blue(s)

Recently I am loving blue mixed with a hint of lavender. I find this particular hue to be delicate and graceful yet flirtatious with a "sparkle in the eye" effect. Color me blind but I think it's what Audrey Hepburn would be like, was she a hue.

Being taken by the color [and flower] lavender started some, and then some years ago. Around the same time my parents made the decision to reallocate to the South Pacific. Upon their departure, my mother gave me a [potted] lavender which, beyond odds, survived the full year.

While on the subject of flowers I would like to give a special shout-out to fresh cut flowers. From "Monday blues" to "Won't have time to clean before the in-laws arrives", fresh cut flowers is da bomb in every pinch. Where there is a saying that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach, it may very well be that a short cut [besides new shoes, be it hiking or stilettos] to a woman's attention and affection spells "fresh-cut-flowers."

To the gents out there. If you only knew how much you could get away with, simply by getting your significant other flowers unexpectedly on a regular basis. Remarkable. While I can't promise that you will get away with forgetting anniversaries or conveniently having to "skip out from town" when mother-in-law is expected, you most likely will get that extra love and attention...as being in less trouble for "forgetting" to pick up yours beloved at the airport or spending Sunday afternoon playing "Demon Souls". Ladies-- can I have an amen!?

If not so inclined to potted or fresh cut stems requiring nurturing, these scrumptious two-bite sized delicacies may just be the perfect solution come summer rain blues or "sorry I shrunk your cashmere sweater." 

Enjoy!





No comments: