Thursday, June 21, 2012

Want vs Need. That's the question

According to *MSO I have a tendency to interchange the true meaning of "need" with "want", and "practical" with "looking good, having fun".

With excitement I will call out "Honey, look at this bag. Eeeek. Isn't it just exactly what I need for work?" to which he will reply "It's cool, but it doesn't look very practical for work. Will it even fit your iPad? [insert head tilt and smile] Is it that you really need it or could it be that you want it and therefore using work as an excuse to purchase it?" Guilty!

On our way to dinner he will, with slight amusement and charm, enter into a staring competition with my 5" heels and nod to them with the look that says it all "Babe, are you going to be able to walk in those?" to which I gleefully respond "Of course. Don't be silly" as I silently admit to myself that my "looking good sitting in the bar" heels may not have been the best choice for the evening. Sigh!

I consider myself to be both practical and rational. But when it comes to something sweet as these fine items below, practical and reason does not apply, and I just can help myself.  Practical or not I just got to have them.

Happy Thursday!
From Left: Half Moon Clutch ($58) from Asos.com, Alexander Wang Diego Bag, Metallic Pumps  ($375) from Shopbob.com

  *My Significant Other