Thursday, June 14, 2012

the Terminal

Hello D.C., what a hepfa it was to get here. My trip was running surprisingly smooth. Apparently to smooth for Detroit's liking. Oy va! Infamous for being the last one on the plane (why the rush, I don't understand the rush), I settled down in my seat with the latest issue of Allure (featuring a very funny article on Elizabeth Banks by the way), waiting for take off. As I happily dove into the words of Allure time passed by. Twenty minutes, thirty minutes.... still on the runway. Then I hear it, the unmistakable sound of a dying engine followed by a conversation between a stewardess and maintain crew. "...ok, it's still not closing... change planes...aha...uha...ok, well, we don't now if there will be a plane available.....paus.....ok, the plane is grounded..."

One apologetic message from the pilot later we are off the plane, collecting our food voucher (thank's Delta). Three hours pass by, a plane has been located and we are finally good to go. Captain is happy pappy, crew is happy pappy, even the passengers are in a slightly pleasant mood. We made it to D.C.! Then it happens. The jetway won't attach. Making the passengers prisoners of the plane. What's next? At this point I don't even care about the delay's. It's the baggage claim I dread. Fast speed half an hour later we are set free. At last. And happily enough there they are,  my ride home (thank's dear) and against all odds, my luggage. Now I know how Victor Navorski (played by Tom Hank) must have felt like in the Terminal. Well, sort off. Ok, no similarities. 

To make this post less of a Debbie Downer check out these lovely things. These fun, gardenia scented, candles by Primitives by Kathy are available at Marshalls' for a mere $10/piece. If these don't make you happy pappy I don't know what will. And for the ladies, this necklace by H&M, yours for $12, may just be what the dr ordered for those glum day's when nothing in your wardrobe seem willing to take on the challenges of the day.